Deciding to Sell your home can be a cumbersome thought with many unanswered questions and involves a lot of personal disruption to one’s entire family and home life. Being unaware of last minute showings, making sure your home is properly staged, getting any repairs done prior to the signing of the listing agreement and receiving potential offers, making sure the home is prepared to show its best for advertising on the internet, virtual tours, magazine ads etc. There is a lot to do and your life is already full of responsibility, tasks, work and there just simply isn’t enough time in the day.
The comparative market analysis often referred to as comps can be easily obtained for the average single family residence with a few minor adjustments, but with a custom home arriving at the right value (price), is not so easy. With my knowledge of selling, designing and building homes since 1995, my expertise assures you of getting the highest possible price in the shortest amount of time possible, with the least amount of inconvenience.
The process starts with me making an appointment to see your home and its many benefits, construction details, lot size, amenities and special appointments, square footage etc. Another important factor is where your property is located, views, lifestyle and community features.
Then I pull up similar homes that are currently available and I personally view them to compare them to the subject property. You’re more than welcome to see these homes with me so we make an objective decision on the price. See, a custom home is so individualized an agent just deciding a price off a MLS printout can leave you with thousands of unearned dollars in your pocket or price your property value significantly to high and your listing becomes stale to prospective buyers. Setting the right price is crucial from the start. If not done accurately you may also lose money in carrying costs, mortgage payments and worse price reduction after price reduction.
Here are some key factors of the marketing and schedule of events.
- Prepare a CMA – comprehensive market analysis showing homes available, and sold and DOM – days on market, along with photos and detailed descriptions. History of the properties as well. Histories tell the real story.
- Perform a preliminary title report prior to the listing. I don’t like surprises and often sellers are unaware of liens, judgments that may be listed incorrectly or have possibly not been removed from construction.
- Pull any HOA fee’s, balances, SID –LID’s on property.
- Provide a list of marketing material to be utilized during the listing contract time period.
- Prepare NET Proceeds of underlying closing costs, repairs, appraisal costs, inspections and reports and brokers fees.
- Provide examples of marketing material.
These are just a few of the many aspects that are vital to getting your property listed and sold with a price you are happy with, a hassle free listing period, timely notification for showings and other appointments, arrangement of inspections, repairs and walk-thru.
Once we have been presented with an offer I will personally present it to you. This way you can ask any questions you may have face to face. I am present in communication with you personally during the escrow, lending, appraisal and inspection period. I am also always present at 100% of my closings. Any repairs, accommodations or services you may need to make your transaction and move as smooth as possible. My concierge program handles the smallest details and requests.
So I hope you feel comfortable after reading this…the next step is to contact me so we can get your home sold!